POSITIVE LEADERSHIP RECOGNITION — PATH TO LIFE SUCCESS
Positive recognition is one of the most powerful motivators that entrepreneurs and managers have, and it costs nothing to use, except for a little honest time and attention to people. In today’s world, people need to achieve, contribute, and grow more than ever. They want and need opportunity and recognition as much as money, bonus’s and vacations.
While feedback is the ongoing process of giving people the information they need to perform better, recognition is an event that highlights positive results. Praise in public! In some ways, it seems recognition goes far beyond feedback. It provides encouragement for continued accomplishment and adds a human element which is priceless. It fills not only a team need to share information, but it also fills one of our basic human needs – to be appreciated and valued!
Many purposes are served by giving ‘Positive Leadership Recognition’:
- It lets your team know that they are working with a leader who is not threatened by the excellent performance of others.
- A personal appreciation is communicated that goes far beyond money.
- People continue to reach for positive goals because they are encouraged, noticed and appreciated.
- Sometimes people are led to believe that they and their contributions are simply being taken for granted. Positive leadership recognition avoids the resentment that can build.
- As a result of feeling personally appreciated it helps people to be more positive toward one another.
- It communicates team goals and values and helps people know where to focus efforts.
People deserve your positive recognition whenever they have achieved or exceeded their agreed-upon goals. However, team members (people in general) usually get attention when they perform exceptionally – either well or poorly! Team members whose performance is less noticeable – those who perform consistently well or satisfactorily – are often overlooked and taken for granted. Yet this 80-90 percent of your team is central to your success!
The good performance of the 80-90% cannot be overlooked! To do so is to pass up on a great opportunity for increasing productivity within a team. Perhaps worse, should this group remain unsupported or not encouraged for too long, they may join the ranks of marginal team members or leave your organization. In the long run, business, profits and success will suffer!
Team members aren’t the only people deserving recognition. Your fellow team leaders, friends and family also deserve to be recognized for positive results! If you sincerely think one of them has done an excellent job, or if you want to show appreciation for someone’s help and support, don’t wait around to let them know!
‘Positive Leadership Recognition’ is an easy and effective way to strengthen relationships – yet many people neglect or feel uncomfortable doing it. WHY?
WE BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENT