WHAT IS MONEY? — PATH TO LIFE SUCCESS
What is money? Frank J. Wilson said; It is tangible enough — one can see it, feel it, hoard it, invest it, spend it, if one is fortunate enough to get it. What is it? It’s the roof over the head of a man, the floor under his feet, the pillow beneath his head, the food and drink in his stomach, the shoes on his feet, the clothes on his back. It’s what enables him to live! And all too often maybe it’s what causes him to die.
The late George Horace Lorimer, for many years editor of The Saturday Evening Post, once wrote these words: “It is a good thing to have money and the things that money can buy, but it is good, too, to check up once in awhile and make sure you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.”
The things that money can’t buy would make a long list — here are some of them:
- Money can’t buy real friendship – friendship must be earned.
- Money can’t buy a clear conscience – square dealing is the price tag.
- Money can’t buy the glow of good health – right living is the secret.
- Money can’t buy happiness – happiness is a mental attitude and one may be as happy in a cottage as in a mansion.
- Money can’t buy sunsets, singing birds and the music of the wind in the trees – these are as free as the air that we breathe.
- Money can’t buy inward peace – peace is the result of a constructive philosophy on all facets of our life.
- Money can’t buy character – character is what we are when we are alone with ourselves in the dark.
Continue the list yourself, if you wish. You’ll probably agree though that among the things that money can’t buy are some of the most valuable treasures LIFE has to offer. It is a good thing to check up now and then to be sure that we are not missing these things!
WE BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENT